Monday, October 7, 2013
Week four - I think being in a play is preventing me from losing weight
1) Even though I am dancing my butt off at dance rehearsals, I am not exercising every day. And to be honest most of the dancing that we are doing is walking from formation to formation. [Speaking of the play, you should come see Mike and me in, "The Producers" at Woodside center for the Arts on Oct. 25-27 and Nov. 1-3]. Granted the tap numbers cause me to work up a sweat, but I'm really counting a 3 hr. dance rehersal as only one hour of aerobic dance because of the low impact nature of the other numbers.
2) Because I'm in a play, my eating schedule is crazy. I usually have a FiberOne granola bar in the morning, then a salad for lunch. If I can, and if I remember, I'll squeeze in dinner before rehersal, but more often than not I wait until rehearsal is done to eat dinner. When I do that, I'm consuming on average 700 calories right before going to bed which I know is a huge no-no, but I can't go to bed hungry. It just doesn't work. So I really think that even on the days that I am under calorie, the fact that I am consuming a huge amount of them late in the evening causes them to just sit there.
3) I haven't been that good at recording my calories the last two weeks because I've been crazy busy.
So here is how I plan to fix/overcome those challenges:
1) Do ten minutes of exercise every day. I can fit ten minutes in.
2) I shall eat no food after 9:00 p.m. That means I need to eat something before rehearsal or bring something to eat during it.
3) Record my calories everyday, especially the weekends.
I have to be honest, I thought I was setting my bar really low at one pound a week. I did not expect it to be this hard. But everything that is worth something requires hard work.