Monday, December 9, 2013

Clearly the cold weather means hibernation mode right?

you take my covers, you die
So I don't know about where you are, but this has been a FREAKING cold winter.  I know that all my East coast friends and family would be wearing a t-shirt and shorts in this temperature range, but I'm a Californian and it should NOT be below 40 degrees in the Bay Area.  I totally blame the cold weather for my lack of motivation to work out and lose weight.  It doesn't help that all I want to do is cuddle under the covers like my cat and eat really warm carby food.  I would think that it being this cold would make me want to run in place just to be warm, but I literally feel frozen and everything is sore from shivering and holding myself as still as possible. 

So I will do my best to avoid the alluring steam coming off the mashed potatoes and warm bread and decide to eat soups with lots of vegetables.  Also I'm going to try and stay away from hot chocolate and switch to herbal teas instead.  I think if I can keep my insides warm, then my outsides will become more motivated.

So here's to keeping warm and keeping the SAD away.  Though I have a confession, the cold weather makes it really feel like Christmas.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment