Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year, new start

Okay, so I'm going to get on the bandwagon with pretty much EVERYONE else on the planet and make the resolution that I want to lose weight.  I was doing somewhat well and then right around Thanksgiving I was like fuck it and now I'm almost back to where I started from. :(  However, I am down two pounds overall still, so I'll take the small victories :).  To combat my frustration at myself I have reset my progress graph to my 2014 weight (198 lbs).  I feel like it is slightly cheating, but I know myself too well.  If I spend too many weeks above my goal weight, the cookies became REALLY appealing.

So here are my New Year's Resolutions:
1) Lose one pound a week 
This is the main goal for me.  Working on a reward system if I make my monthly goal weight, taking suggestions ;)

2) Get one hour of exercise a week
Ain't no one got time for the gym, so I found a SLEW of 10-min workouts that I'm excited to try out.  I can do ten minutes a day.

3) Do not eat after 9:00 p.m
While late night snacking isn't directly related to weight gain, I have a tendency to crave sweets right before bed, so if I don't allow myself eat after 9:00 pm I won't dig into the Christmas cookies. 

I want to keep them simple and obtainable, because once I gain some positive momentum it will become easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment