Monday, September 16, 2013

Why I'm doing this


I had the most humbling experience the other weekend, and that was really my breaking point.  I have been struggling with losing weight and feeling good in my body.  I have tried many things with varying success but the weight is back on and I done.  It is time to stop saying, "I wish that I was skinny" and its time to start actually taking the steps.  I plan to use this blog as a way to talk about steps I'm taking towards getting healthy we'll see if it works.

So my current weight is 200 lbs and I really want to get to 150 lbs.  My goal is to lose 1 pound a week and keep it off.  That means at this time next year I should be where I want to be!

2 comments:

  1. <3 Take good care of yourself!

    I had a similar "Ah-ha!" moment early this year when I realized that I was exercising just to maintain my weight and that weight was still the highest weight of my life (180). I needed to completely change what I was eating and learn the meaning of portion control! I'm down to 140.6 now with a goal of 140... so close!

    One piece of reading I would recommend you check out as soon as your able is an article called, "Why the scale lies." It just helps set you up with realistic expectations about weight fluctuation since it's really easy to get frustrated with the number on the scale. Beck Diet Solution is a pretty good book, too (you can borrow, if you would like) that addresses the emotional/mental side of dieting to help support long-term success.

    Also, if you're into yoga or interested in trying it out, I have a subscription to YogaGlo.com that I'd be happy to share the credentials for so you can use it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all the amazing resources. I will definately check them out when I get a chance.

      The key here is that I really want to set realistic expectations for myself, simply because in the past when I pushed myself beyond what I could do I ended up getting frustrated and putting all the weight back on.

      Delete