Sunday, July 13, 2014

How eating less more often is more

So this is how the nutrition side of this program works:

For the first week you are on a 1200 calorie (1800 calorie diet for men) full of fresh food that will kickstart your metabolism.  At first I freaked out when I saw the calorie limit because I had been trying to stick to an 1800 calorie diet and failing miserably.  The trick with the Les Mills program follows the idea of eating five small meals a day.  I will admit I was highly skeptical since I tend to like eating until I full and then rolling about the house until the next meal comes up.  But I have to say it pretty much works.

Breakfast is about 200 calories and usually consists of a shit ton of egg whites.  200 calories is EIGHT egg whites.
Remind you of anyone?  There are other options besides eggs, but I love egg whites and I've forgotten how good eggs are in the morning.  Then about three hours later you have a snack of 150 calories.  The snacks are all about the protien, so the shakes are featured heavily here.  after a few hours, then you have lunch which is about 400 calories.  My favorite so far is the brown rice bowl.  Then in a few more hours is another snack of 150-160 calories, then finally in a few hours is dinner, which rounds out at about 300 calories.  By spreading the calories out and eating a little something when I'm actually hungry, I noticed that I'm not that hungry.  I'm not going to lie and say that I wasn't hungry, or had some moments of weakness, but overall I dig the five meals a day plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment