Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Les Mills Combat-day one

So I've been lapsing hardcore on my goals.  Instead of losing half a pound each each I've actually gained quite a bit more.  So I decided that it was time to get some help.

About five years ago Mike and I attempted Beachbody's P90X program and while I did not complete the program we were getting great results.  The downside to P90X is that the workouts are really long and require a lot of equipment (pull up bar, weights, etc.).  I wanted a program that would push me like P90X but contained shorter workouts and less equipment

My co-worker had been talking about Les Mills Combat and had successfully completely the program and looked GREAT after doing it so I decided to give it a go.  The program consists of 30, 45, or 60 minute high intensity intervals of mixed martial arts.  Not only do I love martial arts but I know that I can really push myself for  thirty minutes!  I also love that there are two rest days in the week! In short this feels like a totally do-able program.

In addition to the workout program there is a diet guide that "takes the fight inside".  the first week is a very specific 1200 calorie diet to kick-start your metabolism.  It includes a lot of favorites like raspberries, eggs, and familiar meats.  It also includes some stuff that I'm not quite sure about like grapefruit, oatmeal, cottage cheese, and tempeh.  Again I'm willing to try anything once!

No comments:

Post a Comment