Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Time to eat!

Now that I'm done with the first week, it is time for my regular calorie budget.  There are four different levels, 1200, 1500, 1800, and 2100.  To find out which level to use, you take your weight and multiply it by 12.  Then chose the bracket that is closest to your number.

I get to have the largest calorie bracket.  This is almost double of what I have been eating during the first week.  I think it is going to be a shock!  The five meal idea will be kept, but this time there are certain types of food to eat at each meal, the focus is mostly on protein and fresh produce.

The food divisions are:
Breakfast: one starch, one vegetable, 2 fruit, 5 protein, 1 fat (470 cal)

Lunch: 2 starch, 1 legume, 2 vegetables, 1 fruit, 5 protein, 2 fat (685 cal)

Dinner: 1 starch, 1 legume, 1 vegetable, 5 protein, 2 fat (520 cal)

2 snacks: 1 fruit, 3 protein, 1 fat (225 cal each)

I plan to bounce between the type breakdown and the calorie break down.  I'm really looking forward to being able to cook food ahead of time that is ready to eat now, especially as I get closer to the school year.  I need food that is going to be easy to pack and eat whenever.  Salads shall be my friend.

I'm also not going to force myself to eat the whole calorie set if I'm not hungry.  I should continue the five meals a day, but really only eat when I am hungry.  So now it is off to the grocery store to buy a lot of staples that I can mix and match so I don't get bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment