Sunday, July 20, 2014

I had a moment of weakness

Okay, so I feel ridiculously weak willed. Today we had our opening night pizza party for our show Fiddler on the roof and I specifically planned not to eat dinner so that way I would be able to eat at the party. Well, my body was not having any of that and I was STARVING at 5:00 (the time I normally eat dinner). Mike and I had decided to go out to eat and I wanted to go to a restaurant where I could actually eat something and have calories left over for the party. Our choices where Fuddruckers (a burger joint for those of you guys who have never been to the best burger restaurant ever!) or Pasta Pomodoro. I decided on Pasta Pomodoro because they have an amazing soup that I love and Mike could still get a great meal. I should have just gotten a cup of the braised beef tortellini soup (281 cal.) but based on how hungry I was feeling I decided to get the bowl (562 cal). That meant I only had 380 cals left over for the party. Not a big deal, except it was an all you can eat pizza bar and I wasn't about to pay $8 for a slice of pizza. I didn't go as crazy as I could have. I only ate 2 slices of pizza and a piece of cast cake. Still that pushed me over by 200 calories :(.

Again not bad, but I am a little disappointed in myself.  However because the party was at 11:00 p.m. I just skipped breakfast the next day and I came in at 300 calories under for the day.  It all balances out eventually, but I'm going to work hard on sticking to my guns on this diet.  2100 calories a day is a LOT and there is no reason I should be going over.  I think the best thing I can do is to keep myself out of potentially bad situations, like TGIF's $10 all you can eat appetizers.  The Asian in me wants to get my money's worth, and the American in me wants more fried food!

I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment